REALTOR® of the Year
Brad King was presented the 2014 REALTOR® of the Year award by ICBR in recognition of his professional success, commitment to furthering the commercial real estate profession and dedication to community service. King joined the Commercial Division of RE/MAX Ability Plus in 2011.
With more than 20 years of experience in real estate marketing, project management, planning and zoning, economic development, and regulatory assistance, King provides clients expertise in tenant representation, owner representation, incentive procurement and zoning compliance assistance.
As a staff member of former Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith starting in 1994, King served as the Recording Secretary for the Metropolitan Development Commission, then as Township Administrator followed by five years at the Indianapolis Economic Development Corporation and Indy Partnership. While involved in local economic development, King played a role in implementing the first regional approach to economic development, fostering some of the highest job creation and retention in the City’s recent history.
King moved to the private sector in 2002, working briefly for F.C. Tucker Company, then with Indianapolis-based commercial real estate company Dury Investment Group, RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate and Colliers International.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing from Purdue University with concentrations in management and communications.
- Licensed Indiana Real Estate Broker
- Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® – Member of the Board of Directors (MIBOR Representative); Legislative Task Force Chair
- Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS® – Member of the Board of Directors
- Indiana Association of REALTORS® – Member of the Board of Directors
- 2013 Graduate of the Real Estate Academy of Leadership (REAL)
- Indy Chamber – Member
- Purdue University Alumni Association
- Broad Ripple Village Association – Past President
- Indianapolis Speech and Hearing Center – Past Board Member
The REALTOR® of the Year award has been presented annually by ICBR since 1994. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Civic Activity – local, state, and national level participation
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- Local Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas at the local level
- State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
- National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level