Nominations for the 2018 RELATOR® of the Year are now open. Submit your nomination by April 6.
Congratulations to Steven K. Zacher, SIOR, CCIM, the 2017 REALTOR® of the Year!
Steven K. Zacher, SIOR, CCIM, The Zacher Company, Fort Wayne, was named Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® 2017 REALTOR® of the Year during the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference May 4-5, at the Indiana Convention Center.
Zacher has been an industrial/commercial real estate broker in Northeast Indiana since 1987. President and managing broker of The Zacher Company, he has led a successful career for more than 30 years. In 2002 he served as the president of the Indiana/Kentucky chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®, and is a former board member of ICBR. Zacher holds his professional designation as a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), is an associate member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and is licensed as an Indiana Certified General Real Estate Appraiser.
Hundreds of commercial real estate professionals were present to congratulate Zacher on this achievement.
Zacher has continuously been a leader in his community and in the commercial real estate industry through his years of service in organizations throughout the state. He is a member of the advisory board for Goodwill Industries of Northeast Indiana, and trustee of the board of directors of Congregation Achduth Vesholom in Fort Wayne.
Presented annually by ICBR since 1994, the REALTOR® of the year award recognizes those members who go above and beyond in their career and community. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- Industry Impact – exhibits professional leadership and expertise in the industry
- Civic Activity – participation with civic and service clubs, economic development organizations, charitable activities, etc.
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- ICBR Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas with the organization
- IAR or State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
NAR or National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level