Congratulations to the 2016 ICBR REALTOR® of the Year, Jim Baker, CCIM, SIOR
Jim Baker, CCIM, SIOR, Baker Commercial Real Estate, Jeffersonville, Indiana, was named Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® 2016 REALTOR® of the Year during the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference May 5-6, at the Ritz Charles in Carmel.
Baker boasts nearly 40 years of experience as a REALTOR® and previously served as the district seven representative on the ICBR board. He is actively involved in the Kentucky Commercial Real Estate Alliance (KCREA), and has earned his designation from the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® (SIOR) and is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM).
More than 400 commercial real estate professionals were present to congratulate Baker on this achievement.
Baker has continuously been a leader in his community and in the commercial real estate industry through many years of service on the ICBR Board of Directors and other organizations throughout the state. Not only is he a licensed broker, but also a licensed real estate instructor and certified level III assessor-appraiser.
Outside of commercial real estate, Baker is an accomplished musician. It was through this passion that he made a professional connection that would set him on his real estate path many years ago.
As current secretary of ICBR, he will step up to lead the organization in 2019.
Presented annually by ICBR since 1994, the REALTOR® of the year award recognizes those members who go above and beyond in their career and community. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- Industry Impact – exhibits professional leadership and expertise in the industry
- Civic Activity – participation with civic and service clubs, economic development organizations, charitable activities, etc.
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- ICBR Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas with the organization
- IAR or State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
- NAR or National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level