Congratulations to Carolyn Spake-Leeper, SIOR, the 2023 REALTOR® of the Year!
Carolyn has been a committed leader of the ICBR organization and its initiatives over the years. In addition to serving as Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® President in 2021, she held each executive board role since 2018 – the vice president, treasurer, and secretary.
She specializes in sales and lease transactions of all types including both investment and owner-occupied properties. Carolyn is highly involved within her community. Some of the organizations she has volunteered with are Commercial Real Estate Alliance of Indiana, Fort Wayne’s Woman’s Bureau, Mental Health of America, Big Brothers, Big Sisters, the American Heart Association, and more. She is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), which is the highest designation to be awarded to an industrial or office commercial realtor. She has been a YWCA Tribute to Women recipient as well as a Future 40 honoree. She is also an active member of WOWnet and served as a former president.
Presented annually by ICBR since 1994, the REALTOR® of the year award recognizes those members who go above and beyond in their career and community. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- Industry Impact – exhibits professional leadership and expertise in the industry
- Civic Activity – participation with civic and service clubs, economic development organizations, charitable activities, etc.
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- ICBR Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas with the organization
- IAR or State Association Activity – offices held, and committee work at state level
- NAR or National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level