2019 REALTOR® of the Year nominations are now open! Nominate a deserving professional by Friday, March 22, to be considered. The winner will be announced at the 2019 conference in May.
Congratulations to Chris Cockerham, CPM, the 2018 REALTOR® of the Year!
Chris Cockerham, CPM, F.C. Tucker Commercial Bloomington, was named Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® 2018 REALTOR® of the Year during the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference May 3-4, at the Indiana Convention Center.
Cockerham has served on the ICBR Board of Directors since 2011, originally serving as a district representative before being elected to the executive committee in 2015. With more than 20 years of experience, Cockerham manages the commercial real estate activities for F.C. Tucker Bloomington and assists commercial real estate investors, tenants and landlords with their commercial real estate needs.
Hundreds of commercial real estate professionals were present to congratulate Cockerham on this achievement.
Cockerham has continuously been a leader in his community and in the commercial real estate industry through his years of service in organizations throughout the state. He is a lecturer in real estate with Indiana University Kelly School of Business Center for Real Estate Studies and is involved with the Community Foundation of Bloomington/Monroe County, City of Bloomington Historic Preservation Commission and Bloomington Blades Youth Hockey as assistant coach.
Presented annually by ICBR since 1994, the REALTOR® of the year award recognizes those members who go above and beyond in their career and community. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- Industry Impact – exhibits professional leadership and expertise in the industry
- Civic Activity – participation with civic and service clubs, economic development organizations, charitable activities, etc.
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- ICBR Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas with the organization
- IAR or State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
NAR or National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level