Held at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, more than 300 commercial real estate professionals attended the conference and were present to congratulate Phillips on this achievement.
Phillips, executive vice president of Bradley Company was presented the REALTOR® of the Year award by ICBR in recognition of his professional success, commitment to furthering the commercial real estate profession and dedication to community involvement.
With more than 40 years of experience, he has earned the respect of his colleagues and clients, and is considered an industry leader throughout Northern Indiana. His primary focus is the disposition and acquisition of commercial real estate and asset management for institutional, corporate and individual clients across the country, specializing in retail transactions.
He is highly regarded as a Court Appointed Receiver by local, county and federal courts for extensive receivership work with distressed assets in Indiana, Michigan and Illinois.
Phillips has continuously been a leader in the commercial real estate community through numerous organizations and key industry positions. He was a 2014 Midwest Real Estate News Hall of Fame inductee and has been named to the NAI Global Elite, a group comprised of the organizations top performers and producers. Phillips’ professional affiliations and accreditations include:
- Building Owner and Managers Association International (BOMA) – Past Regional Vice President & Member, Finance Committee
- Fort Wayne Sports Corporation – Secretary, Board of Directors
- Downtown Improvement District Advisory Board – Board Member
- Manchester University – President, Leadership Council
- ICBR – Past President
- ARCH, Historical Preservation Society – Past Member, Board of Directors.
- Fort Wayne Plan Commission
- Fort Wayne Board of Zoning Appeals
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Fort Wayne Fine Arts Foundation
- Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Fort Wayne
- American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
The REALTOR® of the Year award has been presented annually by ICBR since 1994. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Civic Activity – local, state, and national level participation
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- Local Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas at the local level
- State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
- National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level
The Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference is recognized as the premier event for real estate professionals to earn commercial continuing education credits and to gather with like-minded peers. This year’s event is sponsored by Alliance Commercial Group, Bingham Greenebaum Doll, Bradley Company, Browning Chapman, Citimark, the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Exchange, and Sperry Van Ness. For complete details, visit www.myICBR.org.
ICBR is a commercial overlay board for commercial real estate professionals. Its members are dedicated to serving the needs of commercial clients in aspects of brokerage, leasing, appraising, property management, and development. ICBR has a statewide membership base of more than 600 professionals. For more information, visit the ICBR website at www.myICBR.org.